Pontiac Class Registration + Events
#StartBuildGrow with us in Pontiac! Registration is OPEN for our inaugural Pontiac BASICS class.
Build classes are filled on a first come, first served basis. In the event a class reaches capacity applicants will be placed on a waitlist.
About Build Basics:
Our core 8-week business and project planning class is designed for aspiring and established entrepreneurs. Classes are taught by local experts and cover all the basics of starting a business – from licensing to financial literacy, market research to cash flow and more. You’ll leave the class with a completed business plan, a cohort of fellow entrepreneurs in Pontiac, and the knowledge and confidence to take your idea to the next level. Learn more about our class curriculum & why Build Basics is right for
Who can apply?
Any aspiring or current Pontiac area business owner looking for support, advice, camaraderie, and accountability from fellow Pontiac area business owners.
This class is supported the Pontiac Policy Council:
Read testimonials from others about why they loved taking a Build class!
Upcoming Classes in Pontiac:
BUILD BASICS 80 PONTIAC (REGISTER HERE)
Day/Time: Mondays, 6:00p – 9:00p
Dates: January 28 – March 18
Location: T. Ramsey and Associates – 91 N. Saginaw St., Suite G-109, Pontiac, MI 48342
How Much Does it Cost?
In a further effort to provide affordable access to resources entrepreneurs need to Start, Build, and Grow their businesses, Build Institute is excited to introduce Pay What You Can pricing for our courses!
Valued at over $1000, our Build Basics class could easily carry a very hefty price tag. However, as a nonprofit organization dedicated to the support of neighborhood entrepreneurs, we make our programming as accessible as possible. Build Institute is “for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs” and we practice what we preach as we continue to innovate our model. In support of our mission and vision of inclusion and equity, we are evolving our sliding fee schedule to a “Pay What You Can” system with the hope our participants are equally dedicated to equitable entrepreneurship.
So Pay What You Can!
A payment of $200 or more covers the majority of class costs, however feel free to:
- Pay a little more and pay it forward – your generosity helps other students to take the class and allows Build to keep its programming affordable.
- Can’t pay as much as you’d like to right now? Don’t worry about it. Use what you learn in class to become a supporter to future Build graduates.
Class fee levels are currently set at $100, $200, $300, $400, and $500. Here is how your class the fee is applied and how it supports your fellow and future participants:
- $100 includes the cost of the Basics curriculum binder, a comprehensive workbook full of information and resources
- $200 includes the cost of the Basics binder and covers class supplies
- $300 helps to compensate our facilitator and guest speakers
- $400 funds technical assistance and operational support
- $500 provides a scholarship for another student to take the class
- $1000 helps multiple students pursue their entrepreneurial dreams
There is a donation option on the registration payment check out page if you’d like to give a little more. You can also make a donation at anytime on our website.
Steps for Registration:
1. Click on the registration link for your class of choice and fill in your personal information. Please register as an INDIVIDUAL. Business partners will need to register and pay separately. You will be asked to create an account with Build Institute. You can log into your account at any time and update your personal information.
2. Once your information is submitted you will be taken to the class payment page. Build uses a Pay What You Can model so please choose a payment level that works for you (aka Admission level). Payments can be made via credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover). If you would like to pay via check/money order or need to discuss a payment plan ($50 nonrefundable deposit required) please contact us at email@example.com or (313) 265-3590. All class fees must be paid in full before the final class. Please note that class fees are not refundable, but are transferable towards other Build classes and opportunities.
3. Once your application has been processed you will receive an email confirming your class details within 7-10 business days. Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to avoid emails being marked as spam.